No-bake vanilla slice recipe
- 2 x 200g pkt Arnott's Lattice Biscuits
- 2 x 100g pkts Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 600ml thickened cream
- 300ml milk
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 3 tbsp passionfruit pulp
- 25g butter
Grease, then line a slice tin with baking paper. Place a layer of lattice biscuits on the bottom of the tin. You may have to cut some biscuits to fit.
Using a mixer, whip the instant pudding, cream and milk until it has a smooth creamy texture. Pour over the Lattice biscuits and tap the tin on the bench to level the mixture.
Lay more Lattice biscuits over the top.
In a microwave-safe bowl, place the icing sugar, passionfruit pulp and butter. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds and mix together well. Pour over the biscuits and spread evenly.
Refrigerate for 3 hours or until chilled. Cut into slices using the outlines of the biscuits and serve.
- You don't need to whip the custard mixture for too long. It just needs to be well mixed and creamy. The pudding mix does the rest of the work.
- You can serve these without the icing, but I think the icing really makes them taste delicious.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.