Potato wedges recipe
- 1 kg Desiree potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp chicken salt
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
Preheat oven to 220°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Place the potatoes and oil in a large bowl and toss to coat.
Sprinkle the chicken salt and dried oregano over the potatoes and toss to make sure all pieces are coated well.
Lay in a single layer on the baking tray. Bake for 40 minutes, stopping after 20 minutes to turn the wedges.
Serve with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.
- You need a hot, hot oven to make these wedges delicious.
- If you don't have chicken salt, chicken stock powder is a great alternative.
- Sea salt and red wine vinegar is another topping for these wedges.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.