Homemade stir-fry sauce recipe
This homemade stir-fry sauce will prompt you to abandon buying any bottled sauces from the supermarket - it cost less than half the price and tastes great. Find moreo on Kidspot New Zealand.
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup fish sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 4 cups water
In a small saucepan, place all ingredients and stir continuously until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil, remove from heat and cool.
Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- You will need to keep watch that this doesn’t burn on the stove or it will make your house smell awful and you will be scrubbing that pan forever.
- I like to triple this recipe and use it often. It is so much cheaper than buying a ready-made stir-fry sauce.
- To spice it up, add some chili and garlic by lightly frying them in the pan before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder