Savoury muffins recipe
These delicious savoury muffins are a great meal on the run and go well in kids' and adults' lunch boxes. They are easy to whip up, and once you master this recipe, you will be able to make savoury muffins from whatever you have on hand.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup finely diced ham
- 1 capsicum deribbed and diced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 150g butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 12 cup muffin tray with muffin sized patty pans.
In a bowl, place the flour, cheese, capsicum, mushrooms and ham.
In a jug, combine the egg, milk and butter.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Pour into patty pans and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Stirring the mixture until just combined gives it a lightness.
- You can exchange the ham for cooked bacon.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.