Party boxes recipe
- 6 pop top juices
- 6 ready-made jelly cups
- 6 party pies, warmed
- 6 mini sausage rolls, warmed
- 6 cocktail frankfurts, gently heated
- 6 bake-at-home rolls, baked and split
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 6 iced doughnuts
- 6 boxes
- 6 spoons
- 6 serviettes
Set out the boxes and place in the drinks, doughnuts and jelly.
Warm your pies and sausages rolls as per the packet instructions.
Warm cocktail frankfurts, taking care not to boil as they will split. Drain and place on rolls and spoon on tomato sauce. Place in box.
Place your pies and sausage rolls in the box. Serve with cutlery and serviettes.
- This is an 'occasional foods' box. If you are looking for a healthier alternative, you can swap the pies, sausage rolls and hot dogs with mini sandwiches and carrot sticks with a pot of dip.
- You could place little sachets of sauce in these boxes in case some children don't like sauce.
- It is much cheaper to make your own jellies rather than buy them but this is easy and fast if you don't have much time to prepare.
- You can make these boxes up at home and transport them to the park and just take the hot items in a foil-lined box and serve it when you get there.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder..