Smoked salmon bites recipe
These smoked salmon bites are perfect for entertaining when you want to impress. You can just fill the pastry with cream cheese and pop the salmon on top. Find more on Kidspot New Zealand.
- 24 ready-made mini pastry shells
- 1 tub (250g) spreadable cream cheese
- 100g smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
Using a knife, fill the pastry cups with cream cheese and smooth over the tops.
Place a strip of smoked salmon on top, curling it around on itself so it stands up.
Place a few dill leaves on top and serve.
- You need to make these close to serving time as the cream cheese can make the pastry cups soggy.
- If you really like the dill flavour, you can stir fresh dill into the cream cheese.
- Little pastry shells come in boat and round shapes and can be bought at the supermarket in the bakery or deli department.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard
- Mars Bar Christmas crackles
- Christmas fruit platter
- Christmas gingerbread families
- Light Christmas cake
- Easy Christmas jellies
- Spiced Christmas muffins
- Traditional panforte
- Christmas shortbread
- Chocolate rumballs
- Christmas fruit cake
- Christmas punch
- White Christmas crackles
- Christmas brownies
- Reindeer cupcakes
- White Christmas slice