Cos and fennel salad with cranberry vinaigrette recipe
Add this light tangy salad to your Christmas table for some summer flavours. The cranberry vinaigrette adds some festive flavour to this easy recipe. Find more on Kidspot New Zealand.
- 1 baby fennel, cored, fronds removed and thinly sliced
- 1-2 cos lettuce
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- ½ cup cranberry juice
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
Mix all vinaigrette ingredients together in a jar and give a good shake. Set aside until needed.
Toss fennel, cos and red onion together with dressing.
- Serves 8.
- This is a lovely light salad that goes beautifully with pork. The cranberry vinaigrette is light and tangy, which cuts through the richness of the meat.
- This recipe was created by Jay Rogers who blogs at Moodie Foodie.