Risoni salad recipe
- 1 cup risoni, uncooked
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- ground pepper
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 7-8 large leaves of basil, roughly chopped
- 7-8 large leaves of mint, roughly chopped
Put 4 cups water in a saucepan, and bring to the boil, add risoni, boil for 8 minutes - it cooks quite quickly. Remove from heat and place into colander and rinse with cold water. Leave to drain.
Zest and squeeze lemon, put into a bowl, add ground pepper and olive oil. Whisk.
Combine tomatoes, risoni, basil and mint in a salad bowl. Drizzle over lemon juice and oil mixture and combine thoroughly. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- I've made this twice now, and I just love it. I should make it up once a week and keep it in the fridge because it's a great lunch time salad - particularly on a hot day and is a good accompaniment for anything else. Takes very little effort or expense to put together too.
More salad recipes
This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke. Melissa blogs at Frills in the Hills.