Sweet rice salad recipe
Looking for a summer salad that’s a little bit different? Try this rice salad that’s full of crunchy bits and a tangy dressing. Find more on Kidspot New Zealand.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 pink lady apple, finely diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted pecan nuts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbl brown sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
In a salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients. Toss the dressing through just before serving.
- I love this salad. It's one of my favourites and it's a great contrast to the green salads, Caesar salad and potato salad. This one gets compliments and is lovely for lunch. It's got crunch and substance, sweet and sour.
- You can use white or brown rice for this recipe - I prefer brown but only had white last time I made it.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke. Melissa blogs at Frills in the Hills.