Kids' trifles recipe
- 1 ready-made sponge or Madeira cake
- 1 pkt red jelly, mixed and set
- 2 cups pre-prepared custard
- 1 tin (800g) fruit salad in juice
- 1 cup cream, whipped or whipped cream from a can.
- 8 plastic wine glasses
Slice the edges off the cake and cut into 2cm thick slabs. Tip the plastic cups upside down and push them into the sponge so they cut a circle of sponge out. Put this cake in the bottom of the cup. Spoon two tablespoons of fruit salad (juice and all) on top of the sponge.
Spoon on 1/2 cup custard per cup and then the same of jelly.
Top with cream and sprinkles.
- This is a convenient way to make kids trifle but if you want to make all the components from scratch then use this Custard recipe and easy Classic sponge recipe.
- If you want to give these trifles some Christmas spirit, you can use red and green jelly instead.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.