Oreo cheesecake slice recipe
Oreo cheesecake slice is a little piece of heaven. It has a crushed Oreo base with a baked cheesecake top that has chopped Oreo biscuits all the way through.
- 2 pkts (2 x 150g) Oreo biscuits
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pkt (150g) Oreo biscuits, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 160°C fan-forced. Line a slice tray with baking paper and set aside.
Place two packets of Oreos and the unsalted butter into the food processor and process until it is fine crumbs. Press into the base of the slice pan and level with the base of a flat bottomed glass. Bake for 10 minutes and set aside to cool while you prepare the filling.
Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese until it is light and fluffy. Mix in the sugar, sour cream, vanilla and salt. Beat in the egg and egg yolk until well combined.
Stir through the chopped Oreo's and pour over the base.
Bake for 40 minutes. Leave to cool in the tin and then refrigerate. Slice when well chilled.
- You will have to be fast because this gets gobbled up at my place.
- When you remove this from the oven it should be firm around the outer edges and still a bit wobbly in the middle. It continues to cook after it is removed.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related slice recipes:
- Anzac slice
- Apple and sour cream slice
- Banana slice
- Caramel slice
- Cherry ripe slice
- Chocolate coconut slice
- Chocolate peppermint slice
- Coconut jam slice
- Too-easy lemon slice