Lamb and chickpea balls recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 x 400g tinned chickpeas, drained
- 500g lamb mince
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
In a frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat and fry the onion until translucent. Add the garlic, cumin, ground coriander, cumin and chilli flakes. Cook for 2 minutes and set aside.
Process chickpeas in a food processor until smooth and combine in a bowl with the onion mixture, lamb and fresh coriander. Roll into balls with wet hands.
Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook the lamb and chickpea balls until brown and cooked through.
- I also love serving these with tzatziki in pita pockets.
- If you make these into small bite-size balls, you can serve them on a platter with dip at cocktail parties.
- When I serve these to my children I thread them onto skewers after being cooked.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.