Dim sims recipe
- 200g green prawns, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 300g pork mince (the fatty kind)
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots, finely chopped
- 2 dried mushrooms
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/2 tbsp shao xing wine (Chinese rice wine)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1 pkt (25) wontons skins
In a bowl, combine the prawns, pork, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and mushrooms. Then add the rest of the ingredients, except for the carrots and wonton skins, and mix well.
Place a tablespoon of the mince filling into the centre of a wonton skin and draw up the edges leaving the top uncovered. Top with a tiny bit of grated carrot.
Steam over rapidly boiling water for 12 minutes. Serve with soy sauce.
- A great way to stop these sticking to the steamer is to line the base with baking paper.
- Sometimes, I like to slightly wet the edges of the wonton skin so they adhere to the mixture.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.