Hearts and stars fruit salad recipe
- 1 seedless watermelon, whole
- 2 punnets strawberries
- 2 punnets blueberries
Slice the watermelon in half and then lay it cut side down on the chopping board. Carefully slice thin slices and then use cookie cutters to cut your shapes. Place in a serving bowl.
Cut the tops off the strawberries and slice. Place with the blueberries into the serving bowl.
Gently toss and serve with a nice thick dollop of Greek yoghurt and a sprinkle of muesli.
- You can use any cookie or even playdough cutters to make this. It is all about getting the kids involved and making food preparation fun.
- You can adjust this recipe to what you have in your fruit bowl. You just need to make sure that you use some type of melon so the kids can cut the shapes. Rockmelon and honeydew will work but you may have to use smaller cutters.
- I encouraged the kids to eat the leftover bits of fruit as we made this together.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.