$5 dinner: Crustless cheese pizza with salami recipe
- 1 egg ($0.26)
- 2/3 cup flour ($0.13)
- 1 cup milk ($0.51)
- 1 cup grated cheddar or tasty cheese ($0.94)
- 3 slices of salami (use whatever you have: ham, tomato or pepperoni) ($0.75)
Preheat oven to 180C (fan-forced).
Grease a round pie dish or any ovenproof dish.
In a small bowl combine egg, flour and milk and whisk until smooth. Add half of the grated cheese and stir.
Pour into the prepared dish and place in the oven to cook for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
Take out of the oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese and your topping of choice. (I used salami.) Place the dish back in the oven and cook for about 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
Cut into slices and serve with a salad.
- Please note, instruction steps don't correspond to photos.
- The price of this dinner does not include the salad. Try an easy salad of rocket with balsamic dressing or any salad of your choice (which would bring it closer to the $5 mark).
- This is a great one for the kids to get involved in. They get so carried away, they end up doing most of the work. Yay!
- All ingredients were sourced from Countdown.
- Each meal serves 4 people.
This recipe was created by Chantelle Ellem, blogger at Fat Mum Slim for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.