Salami subs recipe
Salami submarine sandwich gone gourmet is a good description of this. It has spicy salami with aioli, sun-dried tomatoes and rocket.
- 1/2 1 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 sourdough baguette
- 12 slices hot Spanish salami
- 6 slices tasty cheese
- 1 cup semi-dried tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups baby rocket leaves
Stir the crushed garlic into the mayonnaise. Split the baguette in half but not all the way through so you can open it up. Spread the garlicky mayonnaise on the bread.
Line the inside of the baguette with salami slices. Lay the cheese on top of the salami.
Top with the semi-dried tomatoes and rocket. Top with any remaining mayonnaise.
Slice baguette into serving sized portions.
- I always try to use a good sourdough baguette for this but if you can only get a French baguette it still does the job.
- I use these for picnics as they travel very well when wrapped tightly in cling film.
- For a really decadent roll you can replace the tasty cheese with brie.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.