Chocolate buttercream icing recipe
This chocolate buttercream icing is perfect for cupcakes, for cake filling and generally even good just off the spoon! Find more on Kidspot New Zealand.
- 100g butter, softened
- 2 cups soft icing mixture, sifted
- 1/3 cup cocoa, sifted
- 2 tbsp milk
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until pale and fluffy.
- Add the icing mixture and cocoa a little at a time until fully incorporated.
- When this is fully combined add the milk and the chocolate buttercream will become light and fluffy.
- This makes a pale in colour chocolate buttercream icing. You can add more cocoa if you want it to look darker.
- Use melted chocolate if you want a really full flavoured icing.
- Make sure that you add the milk at the very end because this really makes the icing puff up.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.