Tuna, mayo, celery & lettuce sandwiches recipe
- 185g tin tuna in spring water
- 1 stalk celery, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ red onion, finely chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices sandwich bread
- 3 lettuce leaves
Drain tuna and flake into a bowl.
Mix with celery, mayonnaise and red onion if using. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spread 3 slices of bread with tuna filling and then cover with lettuce.
Lightly spread remaining 3 slices with a little mayonnaise and then place on top.
Slice and serve.
This recipe was created by Helen Jackson of www.foodlovers.co.nz
More sandwich ideas:
- Ham and appleslaw sandwiches
- Kiwi chip and marmite sandwiches
- Apricot & cottage cheese sandwich
- Nana's club sandwiches
- Cream cheese, carrot and celery sandwiches
- Healthy chicken club
- Teriyaki chicken and avocado sandwich
- Nutella and banana toasted sandwich
- Tuna, mayo, celery and lettuce sandwiches
- Egg salad sandwich
- Craisin & cream cheese sandwich
- Tuna & sweetcorn sandwich
- Ham, cheese & salad sandwich