Banana split tarts recipe
These Banana split bites are cute little desserts for cocktail parties or even movie night.
- 8 small frozen shortcrust tart cases, baked
- 8 tbsp best quality vanilla ice cream
- 1 banana, sliced diagonally
- 8 tbsp chocolate sauce
- 1 cup whipped cream (from a can)
- 2 tbsp crushed nuts
- 8 glace cherries
Cool tart cases before making these up.
Place 1 tablespoon of ice cream in each tart case.
Lay 2 slices of banana on opposite sides of the ice cream.
Spoon over sauce
Top with whipped cream.
Sprinkle with nuts and top with cherries.
- You can swap the bananas for strawberries or raspberries.
- For best results you can chill the serving plate and tart cases before assembling these.
- Please note that we omitted the nuts in the picture due a child with nut allergy being present. It is always a good idea to check with everyone before serving peanuts.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.