Coca Cola cake recipe
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 220g butter
- 1 cup Coca Cola
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (for decoration)
- 100g butter
- 4 cups icing mixture
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- ¼ cup Coca Cola
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a 20cm x 20cm cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the flour and sugar, set aside.
In a small saucepan, combine the butter, Coca Cola, cocoa and mix until the butter is melted. Pour over the flour mixture.
Mix in the eggs, buttermilk, baking soda and vanilla until well combined. Pour into the cake tin.
Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool cake in pan.
Beat butter with a mixer until pale and fluffy. Gradually add in icing mixture and cocoa. Add in Coca Cola a little at a time until the frosting is easily spreadable.
Cover the cooled cake in the tin with the frosting and sprinkle with mini marshmallows.
Serve from the tin.
- If you don’t have any buttermilk you can add a teaspoon of lemon juice to fresh milk and wait for 15 minutes for it to curdle or go lumpy.
- You can also add some pecans on top of the frosting for a Southern flavour.
- Don’t try to use Diet Coke for this recipe as it will taste different than the original.
Find birthday cake recipes
- Balloon birthday cake
- Birthday cake recipes
- Bouncing balls birthday cake
- Chocolate owl birthday cake
- Chocolate-dipped strawberry flower birthday cake
- Cupcake tower birthday cake
- Dino birthday cake
- Easy lolly birthday cake recipe
- Flower pot birthday cake
- Handbag birthday cake
- Hollywood starlet birthday cake
- Ice cream cone birthday cake
- Island birthday cake
- Make-up compact birthday cake
- Marshmallow flower birthday cake
- Mermaid treasure birthday cake
- My Little Pony birthday cake
- Pirate ship birthday cake
- Princess birthday cake
- Simple marshmallow birthday cake recipe
- Soccer field birthday cake
- Spaceship birthday cake
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.