Tomato, mince and potato bake recipe
- 2 medium potatoes, grated
- 500g lean minced steak
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 - 4 tbs no added salt tomato sauce
- 2 cups Kellogg's Sultana Bran
- Pepper, to taste
- mustard powder, to taste
- 2 gherkins, thinly sliced (optional)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced (optional)
Squeeze out excess liquid from grated potato.
Thoroughly combine minced steak, potatoes, onion, carrot eggs, tomato sauce, Kellogg's Sultana Bran, pepper & mustard
Press half the mixture in a 23cm x 13cm loaf tin.
Place a layer of gherkins down the centre, followby sliced eggs, remaining gherkins & meat mixture.
Bake in a moderate oven (180°C) for 1 hour.
Serve with steamed vegetables or salad.
Serves 4-6(approximately)Note: If boiled eggs & gherkins are omitted, increase quantity of minced steak to 750g.
- Alternatives: 1½ cups Kellogg's All-Bran Original may be substituted for Kellogg's Sultana Bran.
- This meatloaf makes a great sandwich filling if there's any leftover the next day.
- This recipe was created by Kellogg's nutritionists.