Spicy beef curry recipe
- 60g margarine spread
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500g lean chuck steak, cut in 2.5cm cubes
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 2 tbs curry powder (hot or mild according to taste)
- Pinch chilli powder
- 2 tsp reduced salt tomato paste
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 2-3 reduced salt beef stock cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Kellogg's Sultana Bran
- 250g frozen (or fresh) broccoli (optional)
Melt margarine spread in a deep frying pan.
Sauté onion and garlic until tender.
Dust meat with seasoned flour.
Brown with onions & garlic.
Blend in curry powder.
Cook 1 minute.
Add all remaining ingredients (except broccoli) and bring to the boil.
If using broccoli, place in base of a casserole.
Pour curry on top of broccoli.
Cover, & bake in a moderate oven (180°C) for 1 - 1 ½ hours.
- Serve with rice and condiments.
- Tested by The Australian Women's Weekly TEST KITCHEN.
- This recipe was created by Kellogg's nutritionists.