Ginger star biscuits recipe
- 125g margarine
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups Kellogg's Rice Bubbles, crushed finely to 1 cup
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup, warmed
Preheat oven to 160°C.
Beat the margarine, sugar and egg yolk in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually stir in Kellogg's Rice Bubbles®, sifted flour, ground ginger and golden syrup; mix well.
Bring dough together using hands; lightly knead to a smooth dough.
Roll to ½ cm thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut out shapes from the dough using a 5cm star cutter.
Re-roll dough to cut out remaining biscuits.
Place on baking paper-lined oven trays. Bake, uncovered, in the oven for 20 minutes or until browned.
Allow to cool slightly on trays; transfer to a wire rack.
- These biscuits are just as sweet in a heart shape or a traditional round.
- We used star cutters. If you don't have cookie cutters at home, then try making your own template by cutting out a shape from a piece of cardboard. Place the shape on the dough and cut round it using a sharp knife.
- This recipe was created by Kellogg's nutritionists