Spiced apple turnovers recipe
- 500g tin cooked apple, chopped
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup Kellogg's Sultana Bran
- 7 sheets of filo pastry
- 100g unsalted/reduced salt margarine,melted
- 1 tsp caster sugar to sprinkle over the top
Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
In a medium bowl, combine apple, sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest and Kellogg's Sultana Bran. Place to one side.
Lay out a sheet of filo pastry and lightly brush with melted margarine. Place another layer of filo over the top and repeat process until you have 3 layers.
Divide pastry in half lengthways.
Place 2 tablespoons of apple mix at one end of the pastry, folding over diagonally and continue to fold into a triangle shape. Repeat this process until you have 8 filo triangles.
Brush the tops with a little melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
Place on to a lightly greased baking sheet and bake in the oven on the middle shelf for approx. 25 minutes until golden brown and well puffed.
- Serve warm with low fat vanilla yoghurt, or low fat ice cream.
- You could also make these with tinned pears for a tasty change.
- This recipe was created by Kellogg's nutritionists.