Sultana Bran snack bars recipe
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 125g reduced-fat margarine
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 3 1/2 cups Kellogg's Sultana Bran
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped finely
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
Preheat oven to moderate (180°C/160°C fan-forced).
Grease 19cm x 29cm rectangular slice pan; line base and two long sides with baking paper.
Combine sugar, margarine and syrup in medium saucepan; stir over low heat until margarine melts.
Stir in remaining ingredients; mix until well combined.
Spread mixture into prepared pan.
Bake, uncovered, in moderate oven about 30 minutes or until browned and firm to touch.
Cool in pan before cutting.
- Substitute dried cranberries for the apricots for a delicious twist.
- This recipe was created by Kellogg's nutritionists.