Oven-fried parmesan chicken recipe
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2kg chicken pieces (breast halves, thighs, drumsticks)
- ¼ cup butter
Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
Lay out 3 bowls for crumbing the chicken. Place the flour in the first, combine the egg and milk in the second and in the third, place the parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, oregano, paprika and black pepper.
Coat the chicken in the flour, then dip in the egg wash and coat in the parmesan crumb mixture.
Lay all pieces on a tray and drizzle with melted butter.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until the thickest part of each piece is cooked through. Do not turn.
Remove from oven and place in a covered container for 10 minutes before serving.
- You will need to try to keep most pieces of chicken of an even thickness so they all cook together.
- This goes really well with mashed potatoes and a fresh rocket salad.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.