Banana and maple syrup muffins recipe
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 bananas, mashed
- ½ cup maple syrup or maple flavoured syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 100g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the self-raising, plain flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
In a jug, combine the bananas, maple syrup, egg and butter.
Pour the ingredients of the jug into the bowl and using a spatula; gently fold the mixture together until all ingredients are moist.
Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop mixture into the muffin tray and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack. Dust with sifted icing sugar.
- It is always important not to overwork a muffin mixture or your muffins won’t be light.
- Make sure that you use ripe bananas for the fullest flavour.
- If you want your muffins with a little more texture, you can add ½ a cup of crumbled walnuts to the mix.
Find more muffin recipes:
- Choc chip muffins
- Cinnamon muffins
- Quick muffins
- Potato and bacon muffins
- Invisible apple muffins
- Raspberry muffins
- Oat, date and honey muffins
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.