Broccoli with garlic and almonds recipe
- 500g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup almond flakes
In a saucepan, place the broccoli and cover with cold water and salt.
Bring to the boil and remove from heat and drain. Place a lid on the pan to keep warm.
In a frying pan, heat the olive oil until hot and add the garlic and broccoli.
Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the almonds and cook for a further minute.
- This broccoli just needs to be blanched and flash fried in a very hot pan so it keeps its great flavours and nutrients.
- This may need a little salt but I like to leave that up to the individual.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.