- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, grated finely
- 1 carrot, grated finely
- 500g beef mince
- 2 x 375g enchilada sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups light tasty cheese, grated
In a frying pan, heat the oil and add the onion, zucchini and grated carrot. Cook until soft and set aside in a warm place.
In the same frying pan, heat another tablespoon of oil and fry the beef for 5 minutes until browned. Add the onion mixture back into the pan with one jar of enchilada sauce.
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a baking dish with cooking spray and spoon a little enchilada sauce in the bottom of the dish to prevent sticking.
Roll 1/3 cup of the mince mixture into each corn tortillas and roll and place in the bottom of the dish, fold side down. Pour the rest of the sauce over the enchiladas and top with the tasty cheese.
Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Serve with a crispy garden salad and nice dollop of guacamole and sour cream.
- I have seen several recipes for enchilada sauce, but I decided to use this bottled one because sometimes you just want dinner fast.
- You can make this recipe early in the day and cover it with cling film and refrigerate until you are ready to bake it.
- You can add red kidney beans and corn kernels to the minced beef mixture to up the vegetable intake in this recipe.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.