Summer pasta recipe
- 6 vine ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 200g full cream feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4-6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g thin spaghetti, cooked and refreshed in cold water.
- freshly ground salt and pepper
In a large serving dish, combine the tomatoes, olives, feta and parsley.
Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add the olive oil. Fry the garlic for a minute and add the pasta to the pan.
Toss to coat the pasta well in the garlic oil for a few minutes until warm and then pour the garlicky pasta and oil into the serving dish over the tomato mixture. Combine well and serve.
- Make sure you use the best olive oil you can afford for this recipe as it really influences the flavour.
- I have grated zucchini into this dish before and my kids didn’t notice at all.
- If you need some added protein, you can add a large tin of Italian style tuna, drained, to this pasta.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.