Chicken rissoles recipe
These chicken rissoles are a fast dinner for when you are in a hurry. They are packed full of flavour and we reckon the whole family will love ‘em.
- 1kg chicken breast mince
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp powdered chicken stock or 2 crumbled stock cubes
- 2 tsp cumin
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- canola spray for frying
Place all ingredients, except for the canola spray into a bowl and combine well.
Using wet hands, form patties and place on a plate dusted with flour until ready to cook.
Spray canola oil in a frying pan over medium heat until hot. Fry rissoles for 3 minutes per side until cooked through.
Serve with sweet chilli sauce or a dollop of lime mayonnaise and a green crispy salad.
- This is my go-to recipe for a quick meal and I can get these done in 20 minutes. I like to make a salad earlier in the day so it’s all ready by dinner time.
- If you place the lid on the frying pan after searing both sides it will help these rissoles cook through faster.
- These make great leftover sandwiches and, if formed into patties, are great on a burger with lettuce and sweet chilli sauce.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.