Crispy pan-fried potatoes recipe
- 1 kg Desiree potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (optional)
Cut the potatoes into cubes and place in a bowl.
Sprinkle rice flour, salt and pepper over them and toss to coat.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
Gently fry the potatoes in the oil until softened. This will take 18-20 minutes.
I like to add garlic to the pan about 3 minutes from the end of the cooking time to add extra flavour to the dish but this is optional.
Serve with lamb or as a side dish to burgers or other roasts.
- Rice flour makes the skin on these super crispy. It is the secret ingredient.
- Olive oil is a must as it adds to the flavour.
- Keep the heat on medium-high so the potatoes don’t burn.
Find related potato recipes
- Easy corn fritters
- Potato and zucchini fritters
- Veggie fritters
- Cheesy potato bake
- Cheesy potato cakes
- Potato gratin
- Potato patties
- Potato pancakes
- Stuffed potatoes
- Hassleback potatoes
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder