Bacon and egg cups recipe
- 12 slices wholemeal bread
- 12 rashers middle bacon, rind removed
- 12 eggs
- cooking spray
Using a scone cutter, cut out 12 rounds of bread. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and place the bread rounds in the bottom of each cup.
Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
Remove the eye (big round piece) from each rasher of bacon and place back in the fridge to use for another recipe. Spray a frying pan with cooking spray and lightly fry the bacon rashers on each side until just cooked.
Place one rasher inside each muffin cup, lining the edge of the cup and just inside the bread.
Crack one egg into each cup so it is sitting on top of the bread and inside the bacon.
Place the tray in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are set.
Remove and serve immediately.
- You can add some shredded cheese on the top of each egg or just a little salt and pepper.
- You can use the leftover bacon for these egg and bacon muffins or even for a Simple fettucine carbonara.
Find more egg recipes
- Basic omelette
- Baked custard
- Breakfast omelette
- Egg and vegetable omelette
- Fluffy cheese omelette
- Simple spanish omelette
- Spinach and pinenut quiches
- Ham omelette
- Hard boiled egg
- Scrambled eggs with basil garlic tomato
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.