Chocolate pancakes recipe
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa, sifted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa,
Gradually whisk in the eggs and the milk.
Mix until a thick, smooth batter forms.
Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and brush with melted butter.
Cook ¼ cup measures of this mixture in the pan. When bubbles form on the top, flip over to cook the other side.
Keep in a warm place while you cook the rest of the batter. This recipe makes 12 pancakes.
Serve with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce with fresh strawberries.
- I like to use self-raising flour for pancakes because it makes them light and fluffy.
- If you want your pancakes to be super fluffy, you can whip the egg whites (make sure you include the yolks in the batter) from the 2 eggs in the recipe until frothy and fold these into the batter before cooking.
- You can use real chocolate melted in pancakes as well to replace the cocoa but this results in very heavy pancakes.
Find related chocolate recipes
- Chocolate bark
- Choc-cherry fudge
- Chocolate bread
- Chocolate afghans
- Chocolate crackle egg baskets
- Chocolate mud cake
- Chocolate-iced teddy bear cake
- Double choc fudge brownies
- Easy chocolate brownies
- Marbled chocolates
- Rocky road
- Mars Bar slice
- Yummy chocolate brownies
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.