Chorizo and potato frittata recipe
This Chorizo and potato frittata is a perfect light lunch that can be served hot or cold. A great budget dish that will fill tummies and works well in lunchboxes.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 chorizo sausages, diced
- 1 brown onion, peeled and sliced
- 1kg Desiree potatoes, peeled and diced
- 8 eggs
- salt and pepper
Place ¼ cup of the olive oil in a frying pan and heat over a medium heat. Fry the chorizo sausages until cooked through and set aside.
In the oil from the chorizo fry the onions and potatoes until they are softened. This will take about 10 minutes.
Mix the eggs in a bowl and season liberally with salt and pepper. Add the onion and potato mix to the eggs and leave to soak for 10 minutes. Stir through the chorizo. Season well with salt and pepper.
Heat the remaining olive oil in the pan and, when hot, add the potato, chorizo, egg mixture to the pan. Turn down the heat and shake the pan around a little to settle the ingredients.
Cook for 10 minutes on low heat and finish off under a hot grill in the oven for a further 3-4 minutes to set the top.
Serve warm with a crisp garden salad.
- There is a lot of oil in this recipe but it does ensure that the frittata doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Frying the chorizo in the remaining oil adds flavour to this dish.
- If I have leftover baked potatoes I use them up in this recipe.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.