Baby Caprese salad recipe
This has all the components of a traditional Caprese salad but with mini ingredients like cherry tomatoes, baby bocconcini cheese balls and tiny basil leaves.
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 220g bambini bocconcini, drained
- 1 cup baby basil leaves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
Place the tomatoes, bocconcini and basil leaves into a serving bowl and drizzle with oil and vinegar.
Season with freshly cracked salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Bambini bocconcini are the tiny balls of bocconcini cheese.
- I love to serve this up with warm Greek-style lamb and crusty bread. It makes a perfect lunch.
- If you are entertaining, you shouldn’t dress this with the oil and vinegar until you are ready to serve.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.