Butternut pumpkin and goat’s cheese pasta bake recipe
- 500g mini penne, cooked al dente
- 3 cups butternut pumpkin, cooked
- 120g goat’s cheese
- 1 pkt (125g) crumbed walnuts
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp allspice
Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Grease an oven proof dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Place the pasta in a large bowl and set aside.
Using a food processor, combine the pumpkin and goats cheese until smooth and creamy.
Mix the pumpkin mixture through the pasta and pour into the dish.
In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, brown sugar and allspice and sprinkle over the top of the pasta.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until heated through and golden on top.
- Pasta in pasta bakes soak up a lot of liquid so you can thin this sauce out with a little with milk or sour cream if you want a really saucy pasta.
- I am not a huge fan of peeling pumpkin so I cut them in half, scrape out the seeds and then bake them at 200°C for 50 minutes. While they are still warm I scoop out the pumpkin flesh.
- One small pumpkin should yield three cups.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.