Fried Halloumi recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g Halloumi cheese, sliced ½ cm thick
- ½ punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- cracked black pepper
- olive oil for drizzling
Slice Halloumi to 1/2cm thick slices and coat in olive oil.
Heat a non-stick pan and fry on one side for 1 minute. Turn the slices over and cook for 2 mins on the other side.
Place on plates and scatter grape tomatoes over the top. Sprinkle oregano and drizzle with olive oil.
Grind pepper over the top.
- The cheese will become soft inside and this the time to plate it up. It just takes a few minutes to get to this stage so you need to keep a close eye on it.
- I use the best oil I can afford with this dish as it really makes a difference.
- You can also drizzle lemon juice or balsamic vinegar over it as well.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.