Bacon and cobb loaf dip recipe
- 1 cobb loaf
- 2 cups (300g) diced bacon
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 small tub (200g) light sour cream
Preheat oven to 160°C. Cut top from the Cobb loaf and remove soft bread from inside. Break bread into pieces.
Place the Cobb shell on an oven proof tray with bread pieces and top and bake until crispy (about 10 minutes).
In a non-stick frying pan, fry the bacon pieces for 2 minutes and then add the brown onion. Cook until onion is soft and translucent.
Add the mozzarella, tasty cheese and sour cream to the bacon mix over a low heat and stir until the cheeses are melted and you have a smooth mixture.
Pour dip into cobb shell and place crispy bread pieces and top around the sides to serve.
- This dip thickens as it cools.
- I like to buy and extra loaf to add to the sides of this dip as it is always very popular.
- You can add a nice depth to this dip by adding a tablespoon of seeded mustard in the pan.
- I use pre-diced bacon from the deli section of the supermarket.
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.