One pot chicken and tomato rice recipe
- 500g chicken thigh fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 1 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup corn kernels (cooked)
- 1/3 cup peas (cooked)
- 1/3 cup spring onions, chopped
Heat half of the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan over high heat and brown the chicken on both sides. Set aside and season to taste.
Reduce heat to medium-low and add the remaining olive oil and the onions and cook for five minutes, stirring regularly. Add the garlic and spices and cook for another couple of minutes. Now throw in the tomatoes, capsicum and rice and stir well before pouring in the diced tomatoes and stock.
Place the chicken pieces on top of the rice, cover tightly and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes. Add the corn and peas and cover again before leaving (off the heat) for ten minutes.
Scatter with chopped spring onion or parsely and serve with a green salad.
Find more dinner recipes
- Beef and glass noodle stirfry
- French omelette
- Easy lamb koftas
- Fettucine alfredo
- Spaghetti with tuna and tomatoes
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Chicken wraps
- Steak sandwich
- Gnocchi with tomato and basil
- Fast ziti recipe
- Penne with ricotta, spinach and cherry tomatoes
This recipe was created by Local is Lovely.