Warm broccoli and avocado salad recipe
- 500g broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 2 avocados
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
Place the broccoli in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside to blanch.
Meanwhile, dice the avocado and place in a serving bowl. Drizzle over the olive oil and lemon juice, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and toss gently.
Toast the almond slivers in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, tossing gently.
Drain the broccoli and add to the serving bowl with the avocado. Toss gently to coat with the dressing, sprinkle with the almond slivers and serve.
- Serve the the salad when the broccoli is still warm to bring out the flavour of the dressing.
- To spice up this dish, splash over a good dash of Tabasco with the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Use the best olive oil you can afford in salads, as it's a real flavour component.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
More salad recipes
- Find more easy quick dinner ideas
- Summer steak with tomato salad
- Chickpea salad
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Chicken and mango salad
- Greek salad
- Warm chicken salad
- Asian salmon salad
- BBQ chicken salad
- Creamy potato salad
- Baby Caprese salad
- Lamb, pumpkin and chickpea salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
- Pasta salad