Easy pizza sauce recipe
- 1 jar (400g) tomato paste
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp dried Italian herbs
- salt, pepper and sugar, to taste
Whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
Spread spoonfuls of the sauce over a pizza base, sprinkle over cheese and desired toppings, then cook.
The sauce can be kept in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- For a quick snack, spread some pizza sauce on an English muffin, top with grated cheese and melt under the griller.
- You can also use this sauce in a calzone or toss it through hot pasta.
- Make your own Italian herb mix by combining a tablespoon each of dried oregano, basil and rosemary - or pick some fresh from the garden and chop finely.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.