Apple teacake recipe
This is a wonderful everyday cake that you’ll want to make almost everyday because it’s so yummy! Other mums will be begging for the recipe.
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 apples, peeled and sliced thinly
- ¼ cup sugar (for sprinkling)
- cinnamon (for dusting)
Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease and flour a cake tin or line with baking paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
With the motor running add the eggs one at a time, ensuring that each egg is well combined before adding the next.
Add the vanilla and cinnamon. Add the flour, alternating with milk, until all combined.
Pour into the pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
Place the sliced apple, in a spiral pattern on top and sprinkle sugar and shake some cinnamon over the top.
Bake for 25-30 mins.
- You can use any apples you have on hand for this recipe. I used Fuji apples because they were cheap and in season.
- Make sure that you sprinkle a lot of sugar on top for a nice golden crust.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.