Fish curry recipe
- 1kg firm white fish fillets (skin on)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 1/3 cup vindaloo curry paste
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and fry the fish fillets skin side down and then turn. This is just to brown so it don't cook them right through. Set aside.
In the same frying pan heat the other 2 tbsp of oil and fry onions and garlic for 2 mins then add curry paste. Fry off the curry paste for 2 mins to release the aromatics and then add the tomatoes and their juice. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the fish and simmer for a further 5 minutes..
Serve with rice and coriander to garnish..
- This is fast Indian curry at it's best.
- Serving it with rice, raita and fresh coriander rounds out the flavours and makes it very satisfying.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.