Peach and raspberry upside down cake recipe
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 250g butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 x 800g tin sliced peaches
Preheat the oven to 180°C or 160° fan-forced. Using the teaspoon of butter, grease a 20cm round cake tin.
In a bowl, sift the flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Combine and set aside.
Using a mixer, cream the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs on at a time, beating well after each addition.
Fold in half of the flour, then the milk, then the remaining flour.
Sprinkle the brown sugar over the base of the tin. Place the frozen raspberries and peaches on top of the sugar.
Spoon the cake batter over the peaches and raspberries and smooth the top evenly with the back of a spoon.
Bake for 45-50 minutes. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then turn out onto a serving plate.
- Make sure that the tin is greased well so the cake will come out easily.
- Serve with hot vanilla custard.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.