Stuffed jacket potatoes recipe
- 4 medium washed potatoes
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- sour cream and sliced green onion, extra, to serve
Pierce each potato 6-8 times with a fork. Place on the outer edge of the microwave turntable and cook on high for 10 minutes.
Leave to sit for 10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
Remove a potato from the microwave and cut off the top. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh and place in a bowl. Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
Add the sour cream, green onion and cheese to the hot potato flesh in the bowl and mash. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Spoon the mixture into the potato shells, place on a plate and place in the microwave oven. Cook on high for 2 minutes.
Spoon over the extra sour cream and sprinkle over the extra green onion and serve.
- These are a perfect after-school snack – I pop them into the microwave before school pick-up and leave them to stand until I get home.
- If you like a crispy skin you can rub the outside of the potato with oil before cooking.
- If you want a creamier filling, add a tablespoon or two of butter to the mixture.
- Turn these jacket potatoes into a delicious meal by adding leftover bolognese sauce or taco mince mixture to serve over the top. Cooked bacon pieces are also nice.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.