Olympic rings doughnuts recipe
- 5 doughnuts, glazed or unglazed
- 3 cups pure icing sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- Food colouring - blue, black, red, yellow, green
Step 1. Take 5 ready-made doughnuts.
Step 2. Mix the icing sugar with the water until you have a thick paste.
Step 3. Divide the icing between five saucers and add a few drops of food colouring and mix until you have the desired colour.
Step 4. Spread icing over each doughnut and to set for 10 minutes leave on a plate. Follow the photo to arrange the doughnuts in the correct colour order for the Olympic rings on a serving plate.
- You may need to adjust the amount of water you use to create this icing, so start with 2 tbsp of water and then add as needed.
- These doughnuts were created using Queen brand food colouring. You can buy four of these colours in a small convenient pack called Rainbow colours and just buy an individual bottle of black food colouring.
- If your children are sensitive to food colouring, you can buy Natural food colouring which is also made by Queen.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.