Carrot and orange 'morning' muffins recipe
- 3 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 oranges, zested
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk, extra
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup porridge oats
If planning to bake immediately, preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced and line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
Sift the flour, baking soda and baking powder together. In a separate bowl, mix the zest and sugar together with your fingers.
Whisk the eggs and yolk together in another bowl and add the butter, yoghurt and milk. Whisk well. Add the zest and sugar and whisk again.
Fold through the dry ingredients and then gently fold in carrot and oats.
Spoon batter into lined muffin tins and either store in the fridge or freezer until needed or pop straight in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Of course, you can also freeze the baked muffins.
- Feel free to throw in a handful of blueberries, craisins or other chopped fruit.
- This batter makes more than my 12-hole muffin tin so I set the leftover batter aside and then do another six or so once the first batch is cooked.
- This recipe was created by Sophie Hansen from Local is Lovely. You can follow Sophie on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest..