Elmo cupcakes recipe
Kids and grown-ups alike love him and now you can easily have Elmo cupcakes at your party. Take your favourite cupcake recipe and decorate just like this for little effort and lots of wow factor.
- 1 quantity buttercream icing
- 3 tsp red food colouring
- 1 quantity pre-prepared basic cupcakes
- 36 white marshmallows (for the eyes)
- 1 tube (50g) Queen black writing icing
- 1 roll (150g) Oreo biscuits
- 18 orange jelly beans
Tint the buttercream icing with the red food colouring and spread the top of each cupcake generously.
Use the flat of the knife to rough up the surface so it resembles red fur.
Press 2 marshmallows for eyes on each cupcake. Squeeze a dot of writing icing to create pupils on the eyes.
Use a serrated knife to split the Oreo cookies in half and remove the cream. Cut each disk in half by using a gentle sawing motion and put in place for Elmo’s mouth. Add the jelly beans for his nose.
- If you can’t get black writing icing, chocolate chips make a great alternative for 'pupils'.
- Orange Peanut M&Ms are also great to use for a nose on these cupcakes.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
More cupcake recipes
- Basic cupcakes
- Chocolate coca-cola cupcakes
- Creamy raspberry filled cupcakes
- Egg-free yoghurt cupcakes
- Fruity lemon cupcakes
- Hummingbird cupcakes
- Jam doughnut cupcakes
- Quick Chocolate cupcakes
- Red velvet cupcakes
- Vanilla cupcakes
- Cookie monster cupcakes
- Princess Leia cupcakes
- Chocolate cupcakes
- Strawberry cupcakes