Pork and fennel meatball pasta recipe
- 500g pork and fennel sausages
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large zucchini, diced
- 1 jar (280g) tomato, garlic and basil pasta sauce
- 250g zita penne pasta, cooked al dente
- freshly grated parmesan cheese for serving
Remove the sausage mince from the casings and roll into meatballs.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the meatballs until browned. Add the zucchini and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
Drain any excess oil from the pan and pour the pasta sauce over the meatballs and zucchini. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve over hot pasta with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Pork and fennel sausages are tasty and spicy. If you think these may be a little too spicy for your children, you can replace them with your favourite milder-tasting sausages.
- Feel free to sneak in any vegetables that your children like. If they don’t like green vegetables, you can blend them into the tomato sauce and they won’t even know they are there.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.